Bumper Pool Tables Rules
Bumper Pool can be played with two players or by four on teams. Each side has five red balls or five white balls, one of each color being a marked as the cue ball.
To set up a game of bumper pool, place two red balls on each side of the white cup (pocket) on the marks, placing marked red ball directly in front of the white cup. Place white balls in same position around the red cup (Pocket).
Object of the game:
The first player or team to sink all five balls is the winner unless the the final ball is place into his opponent's cup in which case the game is lost.
Both players shoot the marked ball at the same time, hitting first the side cushion, banking the ball into or near his color cup. The player who plays his ball into or nearest his cup shoots again.
Rules of Play:
1. Marked cue balls must be pocketed first. If a player sinks another ball before his marked ball is pocketed, his opponent may remove two of his own balls and drop them into his cup. In the event that both marked balls are pocketed on first shots, each player takes one of the remaining balls and spots it in front of cup and both shoot at same time, just as they did with marked balls. From there on they take turns, beginning with the player who pockets his ball or is nearest to his cup.
2. A player receives another shot upon sinking his own color ball in his own color cup.
3. In the event that a player causes a ball to leave the table, his opponent may place this ball anywhere he wishes and in addition can remove two of his own balls and drop them into his cup.
4. No player is allowed to jump his ball over balls or bumpers in making shots. Penalty for this will be same as in rule 3.
5. The length of time that the winners may continue playing is governed by House Rule.
Penalty for fouls:
If a player sinks one of an opponent's balls there is no penalty, but if sinking one of his own into an opponent's cup, or shooting one of the opponent's, the opponent may then drop two of his own balls into his cup.